Grand Chalet Hochfilzen, Dorf 15, 6395 Hochfilzen, Tirol
Two brothers with the dream of a chalet
In the summer of 2018 we - Wolfgang and Rainer Möllinger, bought this beautiful traditional Tyrolean house in the center of Hochfilzen and converted and renovated it into our dream chalet in only 18 months. A perfectly equipped house for small groups of up to 12 people with a ski bus stop conveniently located in front of the house and the train station just a 5-minute walk away. All year round, our guests can expect a varied holiday with a top base. We ourselves are Tyroleans in body and mind and experienced tried and tested outdoor freaks! Last but not least, passionate hosts with the best tips about our beautiful home.
Here are our top 5 tips:
- Directly behind the house you can get a day ticket to the small, fine "Buchensteinwand" ski area for 35 euros - perfect for starting off your vacation and warming up on the first day.
- From Hochfilzen, Saalbach is best reached by skis or snowboard, either via the "Asitzbahn" in "Leogang" or via the "Doischbergbahn" in "Fieberbrunn". The ski bus is located directly in front of the house. Please note: You need to be in good physical shape to do the whole ski safari from Fieberbrunn to Leogang in one day.
- The local train takes you to Kitzbühel in just 30 minutes, right next to the Hahnenkammbahn. If you want to enjoy the nightlife in "The Gamsstadt", you can take the last train back to quiet Hochfilzen well after midnight.
- Take a day off from skiing? How about a wellness spa for your aching calves and a treat for the rest of your body? In Leogang, numerous top hotels offer day spas: Hotel Leonhard, Hotel Salzburgerhof, Hotel Forsthofgut, Hotel Puradis, Hotel Krallerhof to name a few.
- For shopping, we recommend regional suppliers with local quality products. A specialty recommendation is the Horngacher butcher, our partner for barbecues. At the Bio-Berghof Rohr, a local organic farm, you can purchase fresh eggs, pasta and dairy products. A bakery is opposite our house, for fresh bread in the morning.